These are my musings and observations on my daily life, loves and the laughter that are all a part of my experience of living now in the shires of England.

Saturday 3 March 2012

The World’s Song - Poetry by Marjorie H Morgan


The World’s Song

The world is my guide, I’ll always want more.
It makes me run around in busy streets: it leads me up and down
crowded motorways. It unsettles my soul and  leads me in the ways
of gross wickedness and greed for its own purposes.
Even though I travel through the most dangerous areas of the cities I am
not afraid because I am never alone, my gun and my drugs keep me
safe and content.
The world is open to me, I can sit with those who hate me because
of my worldly power; I have so many benefits and opportunities I
can’t count them all.
Without a doubt I will be dogged by fear and uncertainty all the days
of my life but I will stay in the way of the world for ever.

(1997)
© Marjorie H Morgan 2012 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts