These are my musings and observations on my daily life, loves and the laughter that are all a part of my experience of living now in the shires of England.

Monday 27 February 2012

Qualities and Blessings


There are times in life when we cannot see our own wonderful qualities. This is where others come into the picture. (You could also use a mirror to physically look at yourself or the mental reflective mirror is also useful to discover these qualities.)

In case you are having difficulties pinpointing one right now I am going to provide a starting list of qualities and suggest you pick any one of them, because I know they are all relevant to you. Go on, try this, it’ll be fun and revealing.

Qualities:
Strength                      Politeness                    Kindness                     Sincerity
Honesty                       Humility                       Charity                         Civility
Courteous                   Sympathy                    Empathy                      Compassion
Altruism                       Wisdom                      Judgement                   Enthusiasm
Focus                          Respect                      Awareness                   Attentiveness
Patience                      Punctuality                  Flexibility                      Self-control
Resourcefulness        Discretion                   Determination               Sensitivity

I could go on, but I’m sure you’ve picked out more than a hand-full already. But you only need one for this part of the exercise, you can go back and do it again later with another one. That proves how many wonderful qualities you have already from this incomplete starter list.

The next thing to do is to create for yourself a blessing using the handy blessing template I have provided below:

It’s a one-size-fits-all template – all you have to do is to fill in the sections after putting your chosen quality in the first section. For example, “I accept for myself the gift of ... strength.”

I think you’ll be able to do the rest on your own.

Enjoy your qualities and your blessings. Remember to repeat this exercise regularly for a good outlook on your life.

You deserve your blessings because ... you have the qualities and you’re worth it!




Create a blessing

I accept for myself the gift of ....................................................................................

I experience its power to be present in my life as .....................................................
...................................................................................................................................

May it enable me to change ......................................................................................
...................................................................................................................................

And may it bring me the deep experience of ............................................................
...................................................................................................................................









No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts