These are my musings and observations on my daily life, loves and the laughter that are all a part of my experience of living now in the shires of England.

Thursday 22 September 2011

The Three Musketeers


Before we left the house I asked the three girls if they had everything.

“Yes,” they chorused.

I drove away satisfied that all was good. They were chatting, laughing and singing as if they hadn’t seen each other in years when I thought of one item that Morgan may have forgotten, we were not too far away so I asked, “Do you have your card?”

The silence told me all I needed to know.

As I looked in the rearview mirror I saw Morgan with her hands clasped around her face. Then she started with the apologies, a constant repeated chant, “Sorry Mummy. Sorry Mummy. Sorry Mummy.” With a sigh I indicated to turn the car around and return to the house.

As we were nearing the end of the road I spoke again. “What do you want to give up?” I asked Morgan.

The other two looked confused.

“My DS,” she replied sadly.

“How long for?” I asked.

“Two days please. I need it back by Friday night, please ...”

“OK.” I looked at the clock on the dashboard and said, “Friday, at this time, you can have it back.”

“What was that about?” asked one of the girls.

Morgan explained why she had chosen her own consequence. I added that it was something to help her remember in the future. The girls were impressed that she got to choose her own punishment.

“If it was my mum, she’d take away all my stuff for ages!” they declared in wonder.

Morgan looked even more relieved at that. I thought she would learn from that valuable lesson, and I’m sure she will, but this particular day was not the day for the best memory activities from Morgan.

When we got to the venue, I was about to settle down while they enjoyed their activity, when I saw Morgan coming back towards me. I could see nothing was hurt or damaged on her so I was at a loss to figure out why she was so sad.

As I reached her, she burst into tears.

“What’s wrong, darling?” I questioned her gently.

“I’ve forgotten something else,” she wailed, “I can’t do it now.”

Her friends came up behind her, I looked up at them trying to decide what to do.

What happened next?

That’s all in the next blog.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts