These are my musings and observations on my daily life, loves and the laughter that are all a part of my experience of living now in the shires of England.

Thursday 22 September 2011

The Three Musketeers – part 2


In a previous blog I wrote about the unexpected forgetfulness of Morgan, this is what happened next.

As her friends surrounded her I realise I had two choices. The first one was to make her sit out while the other two carried on as planned – that would surely teach her to be more mindful of getting things ready in future. The second choice would be to forgo my relaxation time and return home (only 2 miles away, but in heavy traffic) to get the forgotten item.

What would you have done? I felt it was time for a lesson, being so soon after the last moment of forgetfulness. 

I wondered what other parents would do in this situation and then decided on my course of action.

The tears still flowed while we all stood there, they were waiting for me to say something, I was moved with compassion because I knew that they had all looked forward to this for a long time but I also knew that I had to use this as a learning opportunity for Morgan.

I decided to make the journey back home to retrieve the missing link to their fun.

Before I left I turned to the other two and said, “You two go ahead, Morgan can sit out and wait until I get back.”

“Thank you, Mummy. Thank you, Mummy.” The chorus from earlier had changed from regrets to thanks.

On my way back I received a phone call from one of the girls, “Why aren’t you doing the activities?” I asked. They passed the phone to Morgan, “They didn’t want to leave me on my own,” she explained, “they felt bad leaving me.”

I told them all that they should remember this day, when it was “All for one, and one for all.” I thanked them for their kindness and I applauded them as I dubbed them my wonderful three musketeers: I love each of them tremendously.


In the end of all that to-ing and fro-ing it was me who learnt a valuable lesson – the lesson of friendship.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts