These are my musings and observations on my daily life, loves and the laughter that are all a part of my experience of living now in the shires of England.

Monday 29 August 2011

Who are you?

“Who am I?” Is just as valid a question. If someone who knows you well ever asks you that question then it really is time to stop and think about who you are at that time. 

Why would someone close to you ever have to ask about your identity? This can only occur when you are pretending to be someone you are not. Then you will understand why this person, who knows how you usually act, will be both shocked and amazed that you can behave so differently.

They may gently guide you to a different place or they may have to walk away and leave you alone.

The questions that you need to ask yourself at that time are:
Is this really me?

Was that really me?

Will the next expression really be me?

Sometimes we can get caught up in the tidal wave of behaviour and lose ourselves. If there is a moment of clarity and redirection (whether coming from ourselves or from others) we should seize the chance to change to who we really want to be.

Nobody is continually impressed by people pretending to be who they are not. I’ve found that pretence is not a good basis for building any relationship.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts