These are my musings and observations on my daily life, loves and the laughter that are all a part of my experience of living now in the shires of England.

Thursday 18 August 2011

Holding back



Some conversations you want to end quickly, others you don’t want to end because it feels like you are talking to yourself, outside of yourself.

Last week I had the opposite type of contact; I wouldn’t really call it a conversation because it does not warrant that label. At the time I wrote down something like this, “Conversations with friends should not feel like entering a trap.” I felt like I was editing my thoughts before I spoke them.

Now I look back, after better conversations, and I remember that when you are comfortable with someone you never feel like saying anything is dangerous.

So you don’t hold back. You share, and they listen because they care. They share, and you listen for the same reason.

There is no holding back with true friendship. The edit button becomes dusty through lack of use.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts