These are my musings and observations on my daily life, loves and the laughter that are all a part of my experience of living now in the shires of England.

Tuesday 12 April 2011

I approve of laughing!




Who doesn’t? You may well ask.

Laughing is the sound of approval and appreciation; it is an audible thumbs up.

I think it’s OK to laugh at yourself (not to denigrate – that’s not included here, this is healthy laughing) so that you acknowledge positive things that happen to you. When I laugh I feel pleasant, I am reflecting pleasure. Some moments of happiness are best expressed by that spontaneous explosion of feeling that is laughter.

It is said (in those reliable studies that we always read about) that children laugh, on average, about 400 times a day and adults laugh less than 20 times a day. Even with this great disparity I’m sure that some people will still find it difficult to get above 10 laughs in each day.

Why is this? Surely there must be more than 20 happy moments in any person’s day.

Have you laughed above the expected quota today?

As for me ... I’m not telling.

But only because I tried to number my laughter moments and happy emotional interludes for today but, wonderfully, I lost count because I had so many laughing moments!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts