These are my musings and observations on my daily life, loves and the laughter that are all a part of my experience of living now in the shires of England.

Thursday 7 April 2011

Being present



Here’s a question I asked myself ... Do I think about and talk more to people who are physically distant from my life than I do about or with those who are present – actually here with me right now?

My answer is ... a secret. What’s your answer?

Actually my real answer is that sometimes I do find myself thinking my moments with people away because my mind has travelled elsewhere. However, I have learnt to pay attention to what is happening to me now, to be aware of what I am thinking, to be aware of what I am doing and who I am with at any given time.

This means that I am present in the present. And the more I do it the better I get at it. I have benefited from this practise. I’m sure those around me have also benefitted as well.

You see ... being present is a present to me.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts