These are my musings and observations on my daily life, loves and the laughter that are all a part of my experience of living now in the shires of England.

Friday 4 March 2011

Identity Warrior



Being me means I am an identity warrior!

I have fought for my identity and I’m keeping it. If that means I have to keep on fighting, then I will.

I cannot be someone I am not. I cannot be someone others would prefer me to be.

I can only be the me that I truly am – each day. I may be different each day, but that is me changing myself and growing into my potential.

My life is not a candidate for a TV makeover show. Neither am I looking for a personal shopper that brings ready designed and fitted identities: I have my own identity that is tailor made to fit me, by me.

It is not always a fight each day; I am not a salmon battling upstream. I am not exhausted being me – I love it! The only time I get tired is when others try to change me into the ‘me’ they want to see, only then does it seem like a battle. I am happy being me. Thanks anyway, y’all!

Today I am giving myself a pat on the back for ... being me. I am standing true to myself and I believe in me. Sometimes I forget just how much guts it takes to be myself. Each moment I achieve self-validation I grow stronger in my self belief.

To me (right now) believing in myself is something big and great. That’s how it should always be.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts