These are my musings and observations on my daily life, loves and the laughter that are all a part of my experience of living now in the shires of England.

Monday 21 March 2011

Clear vision



I have worn glasses since I was a teenager. I didn’t have any choice in what they looked like until I started full-time working at the age of seventeen. Then given the freedom I began to follow the fashion of the day – whatever it was, you see I wanted to fit in. I took advice and I tried to go my own way too. I bought brightly coloured large framed glasses, dark frames, small frames, I was guided by that invisible (but over powering) hand of ‘common fashion’. The style of the masses was appealing as I desperately wanted to fit in.

It wasn’t until my third decade of life that I really knew and accepted my own true identity and style. And then things changed in all areas.

My vision changed completely.

Looking at my range of eyewear – from prescription glasses to sunglasses, I realised how important it is to see and be seen. The way I’m seen is a part of my choice of how I display my identity from my hair to my footwear.

My glasses (or contact lenses) are an intricate part of how I want things to appear to me and how I want to appear to all onlookers.

Sometime I see how I could be seen. I am happy with my vision.


2004 home
2004 July Jamaica


2007 July home


April 2010

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts