These are my musings and observations on my daily life, loves and the laughter that are all a part of my experience of living now in the shires of England.

Friday 28 January 2011

Eyes wide open


Why is it that when I wake with a start in the night that I open my eyes? In the darkness, in the depth of my sleep, I become convinced that I have heard a sound and my eyes fly open. I cannot figure that out. Do I open my eyes wide so that I can hear better ... in the darkness? It always confuses me no matter how many times it happens.

Maybe for a few seconds I believe I am still dreaming and can ‘see’ the sound in the space that is my dream and waking state.

I don’t know.

All I know is that my eyes are wide open in the darkness, listening.



1 comment:

clinton Lopez said...

i suspect it may just be that we're confused and need as much information as possible which usually entails opening our eyes so despite the fact that we know it's completely dark we instinctively open them...was that a too clinical way of looking at it?...i do prefer your more poetic description...reminded me of how the blind see with their fingers, or the deaf hear with their eyes...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts