These are my musings and observations on my daily life, loves and the laughter that are all a part of my experience of living now in the shires of England.

Tuesday 31 August 2010

What's the point again?

What’s the point again?

Sometimes I think it helps to ask “What’s the point?” especially when you are being drawn into a conflict or contest of wills that is not your concern. I really mean it when I try to find out exactly what is the point. I need to know what can be gained from entering into the dispute.

So when people start arguments I often ask this. What is their point?

Then if I choose to get engaged in it as well I ask myself “What is my point?” When I am clear about my intention for my deliberate action, and if it is worth it to me - right there, right then - I will continue. Otherwise I will leave it well alone.

Because there is no point.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts