These are my musings and observations on my daily life, loves and the laughter that are all a part of my experience of living now in the shires of England.

Thursday 3 June 2010

Begin again ... happy eating :-)

Food is so many things to so many people.

Food can sustain life. Food can save life.

Food can be comfort and stability and consistency when there is nothing else to rely on. Food can be an emotional crutch. If we are fortunate enough then we are in a situation that food is always there when everything else is gone.

We place all our reliability on food and we build a firm and fast connection with it.

What we need to know is that food can also be dangerous. It can be a silent killer.

Food can separate us from people and become our only constant companion because it suffocates our real personality.

We need to have a good relationship with food; we need to have food in our lives in order to live. Eating should be a pleasurable experience, but not the only pleasurable experience that we have at all. When food is the major focus of our lives, instead of ourselves and others, then we begin to fade as people (even if our girth is expanding).

We have to learn to respect food and respect ourselves and our bodies. We must learn about the benefits and harms that different quantities of foods can have on our bodies and regulate our intake because at the end of the day it really does matter.

I have had a varied relationship with food for several years and at times I know when I have fallen back into old habit and made food an emotional crutch. It is at times like this that I reassess my relationship with food and look at the real reason why I am not eating enough or why I am eating too much of the wrong type of foods. Then I can begin again.

It is always great to be able to begin again. And the best possible time is now.

Happy eating. J

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts