These are my musings and observations on my daily life, loves and the laughter that are all a part of my experience of living now in the shires of England.

Friday 30 May 2008

Expressing gratitude

When was the last time you spontaneously expressed gratitude? You know, a time when you just said a heartfelt ‘thank you’ to someone for a word, deed, a listening ear, a look or a touch that made a difference in your life?

I’m not talking about the prescribed days of celebration like ‘Mother’s Day or ‘ Father’s Day’ or the anniversaries of marriage or birth, I’m talking about a moment when you know all you want to do, need to do, is to express the gratitude that bursts from within, to express that to someone, who is the only special one at that moment, for an act of kindness.

I’ve tried it, and it feels great.

Now I’d like to suggest that you try it, I mean really try it, start the next time you remember something or experience an event that just cannot go without acknowledgement. Let the thanks run free from you to whoever deserves it, and enjoy giving a portion of the happiness you’ve experienced to another being.

What does it feel like? Your gratitude, what does it feel like to share it?

What have you given thanks for today? Feel free to share your experiences …

I’d like to thank you for being part of my experience of living now.

… and don’t forget to thank yourself – you know you deserve it!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts